4,000m2 Tablet Manufacturing Plant - St. Albans
Clean Room Construction was employed by Aspar Pharmaceuticals to carry out the turnkey design, build, validation and commissioning of a brand new tablet manufacturing and packaging facility in St. Albans, Hertfordshire.
CRC was initially employed to review the process and personnel flows at the existing Colindale site before suggesting improvements and going on to establish new general arrangements and process/personnel flows for the new St. Albans site.
The new St. Albans site was initially an empty industrial warehouse with limited office amenities before CRC's involvement. CRC undertook a complete redesign and revamp of the St. Albans site to produce an MHRA-compliant manufacturing plant which included:
- Upgrade of incoming utilities
- Civil work for utilities, foundation pads for new internal and external mezzanine areas
- Cleanroom and plant mezzanines
- Building envelope alterations
- 3800m2 of ISO8 cleanroom manufacturing and packaging space
- 500m2 of air conditioned office and staff support areas
- Dust extraction systems
- Process services including DI water/compressed air/steam plant/ process power
- Structural calculations
- HVAC/M&E Services
- Building Control reviews
- CDM reviews
CRC won the tender for the build phase and went on to successfully deliver this turnkey project which achieved MHRA approval in June 2017 and is now in production followings Aspar's occupation.
Contract Value: Circa £6 million