New GMP Compliant Cleanroom Suite - Central London
Clean Room Construction was appointed the Principal Contractor by MeiraGTx to design and build a new multimillion-pound cleanroom suite for the pioneering London-based gene therapy company.
The state-of-the-art £5.7 million project to design and build a suite of GMP compliant cleanrooms will be used for the stem cell production of medical treatments for eye conditions.
The fully validated 1,200 sq.m facility incorporates clean change areas, material and personnel air locks as well as associated support and circulation spaces. It also includes the facility for automated vaporised hydrogen peroxide (VHP) sterilisation.
The project involved working at sub-basement level in a central London location and incorporated:
- Fully integrated air conditioning and filtration systems to provide the specified conditions of temperature, humidity, pressure, cleanliness and noise
- An environmental monitoring system and dedicated HVAC BMS control system
- New fire alarm system
- New ventilated and non-ventilated electrically interlocked trolley and pass through hatches
- Inflatable seal doors and dedicated HVAC systems to allow VHP sterilisation while surrounding suites remain operational
- Process gas and compressed air distribution
- Oxygen depletion detection and alarm systems
- CHW and LPHW pipework distribution from existing retained chillers and boilers
- Change room facility with shower and toilet cubicles
- Access control/CCTV/Intercom systems
- Technical service panels to provide future expansion and process layout changes
- LED lighting with automatic 'switchless' controls
MeiraGTx is a New York and London-based gene therapy company, committed to the development of novel gene therapies to transform the lives of patients suffering from acquired and inherited disorders, including ocular diseases.
Contract Value: Circa £5.7 million
Take a look at this award-winning facility HERE